Register a domain with W3schools and give your space a professional look. All W3schools Domains are officially hosted by our two registrars, Amazon Route 53 and Gandi, and managed through your W3schools account.
- W3schools Domains offer these TLDs; .com, .net, .org, .biz and .xyz
- Your domain subscription will automatically renew.
- You can’t register a domain name that’s already registered by someone else.
- You can’t register a domain without a W3schools account.
- You can’t register premium domains with W3schools.
- W3schools Domains can have between 3 and 55 characters. Keep in mind that shorter domain names are easier to remember.️
- Domains can only have letters, numbers, and hyphens. You can’t add symbols like $ or *.
- W3schools Domains don’t support special characters (such as ü, é, or ñ). If your domain contains a special character, it may not display correctly on all browsers.
To buy a domain with W3schools follow these steps:
- Go to https://spaces.w3schools.com/ and create your first space
- Click on the link “Get a domain”. If you are on a Pro plan, you would need to choose the space you want to add the domain to first
- Click on the button “Get a domain”
- Search for the domain you want
- Click the domain you want to purchase and add it to your cart.
- Scroll to the top of your screen and click on “Checkout”
- Complete the info needed for the registration.
- Click on “Save and continue”
- Add payment info and click on “Pay”
- Wait for the payment to succeed and click “Continue”
- Wait for the domain to get the status “Active”. The process can take from 60 minutes to 72 hours.
Troubleshooting registration errors
Error: “Registration failed”
If you get this message, the registration process failed. It could be info in the registration form, setup of the SSL certificate, or something else. The payment will automatically be released in 7 days if the registration failed. We recommend that you try to register the domain you want again - or that you contact our support so we can troubleshoot the issue together.